Monday 10 February 2014

A Quilting Bee challenge

After some time looking at amazing photos on Instagram and following my heart through delightful blog links I came across Lou at I'm Studio Lou and a new challenge!

Lou was proposing a Little Blogs Quilting Bee, which sounded fun. The idea was simple: if you were a little blog (less than 50 followers) and in the UK, interested in enjoying some quilting fun and sharing ideas leave Lou a comment .... next thing I knew I was in ... yippee!

This is the logo below but being new to this blogging lark I am not sure where to place it and if it should link somewhere - suggestions welcome!

I have now a few new friends to get to know. It looks like they each have their own quilting styles, with a variety of experience, I had a sneak peak at their blog pages and I am amazed this talent has remained hidden!

So apart from me, this is our Little Blogs Quilt Bee line up, in alphabetical order!
Celine at Espritpatch, Claire at cor blimey Claire E Poppins, Gina at The Occasional Quilter,  Heidee at Handmade Somethings, Jenny at A Note to Follow Sew, Joanna at My Quilts and Other Stories, I have mentioned our host Lou at I'm Studio Lou (who is also to be found on Instagram: imstudiolou), Natalie at Love Natalie... , Nessa at Nessa's Place,  Rosanne at Not a Floral Girl and Sheila at Mindful Quilter

Lou has put so much effort into organising this, she deserves a medal as well as a big thank you for introducing me to so many of you!

Oh and I squeezed in a trip to Hobbycraft today and snapped up a few bargains but it's late, so I'll leave that for another day. It's late, this is not a good start .... 

x al



8 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm really looking forward to working with you on the bee. I have made a button for it which you can find on http://notetofollowsew.blogspot.co.uk/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi it's one of your new friends checking in. I think we'll have fun with this xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Nice to meet you too! Looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! This must be the dozenth time I'm trying to post a comment. Just wanted to say, "hey, love your work and your garden studio looks like a dream!"
    H x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your gorgeous blog and wanted to say how pleased I am to have visited! So much to see (and love) here, but I especially enjoyed the 'Big and Little Brother' onesies and seeing you passing on your skills to the next generation. I love the look of concentration on her face as she works with those lovely squares. Good luck with the studio and I'll be back soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I must say she's like a sponge when it comes to crafting and has some super ideas!

      Delete
  6. Lynne at Lily's Quilts runs a small blog meet on the first of every month, and it's a fabulous way of meeting new online people and finding your feet, it really worked for me 18 months ago when i started blogging. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog, but did you know you're a no reply blogger, so you need to amend this in your settings, if you google it there are some really good online guides to change it :o). Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ange! I had to Google the 'no-reply' stuff ... I'm still getting to grips with the basics! Loved flicking through your blog after discovering you on Instagram ... hope all is going well!

      Delete